The AOD (Alcohol and Other Drugs) Laboratory Unit is designed to do non-custody urinalysis drug testing.
The laboratory staff performs all necessary precautions to ensure the integrity of all the urine samples submitted for testing. The major duties of the laboratory staff are the observation of the direct specimen collection, labeling the sample appropriately, ensuring that the specimen has not been adulterated, transporting the specimen to the laboratory testing area, testing the sample and documenting the results.
AOD Laboratory Offers:
- A trained and certified staff
- Qualitative urinalysis testing using onsite testing
- Testing equipment and supplies that are approved by/and subject to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) guidelines as to drug testing cutoff limitations
- Standard chain-of-custody and quality control procedures
- Off-site urinalysis confirmation testing